Becoming an affiliate is really easy. Register as an affiliate with Ludwig. As an affiliate, you can market Ludwig by placing links on your website to the relevant product pages on your website. You will receive commission for each sale of these products via your website.
Just click on the link below and fill out an online application to become an affiliate Partner of Ludwig. The application will ask for some personal information and information on your site.
2. March 2011 | Development
We are currently looking for interested people who would like to give their feedback on the current state of development of Ludwig.
You are located in Vienna, interested in games or physics (no special knowledge or skill required) and in the age of 10 - 99? Perfect! Please take a look at the short facts:
- Attending a testsession is voluntary. We can compensate for your time with € 10,--.
- One testsession lasts max. 1 hour. You will be able to play a short sequence of the game. Afterwards we ask you to complete an online survey.
- With your admission we will record your gameplay and your face in order to analyse your emotions during the gamesession.
- We will not ask you for any personal information. All your data will be stored and processed anonymized.
- There are no special requirements. We are looking for female and male testers of all ages and backgrounds. You don´t even have to be a gamer at all!
The testsessions take place in our office in Vienna (ovos, Waaggasse 2a, 1040 Vienna)
Please send a short email to email@example.com to get additional information or apply for a testsession.
We are looking forward your most welcome feedback!
24. November 2010 | Development
Take a look at the techdemo featuring a list brand new features like:
- interactive objects which are useable, collectable, stackable all together with an inventory featuring a 3D-preview of all the collected objects
- better lightning using lightmaps as well as interactive shadows
- integrated knowledgebase with conceptmap and detailview
- video module
- much better performance (increased by over 100%) while still adding more detail to the scenes
Here´s the video - enjoy!
1. October 2010 | Development
Computergames nowadays are not only challenging in matters of storytelling and gameplay but also visually appealing. Every AAA game allows players to immerse themselves in visually rich and beautiful environments which is an important part of the game-experience. According to this, the young generation of computer affine kids is a quite crucial audience.
Ludwig wants to give the players that visually rich experience and therefore much effort was put in the creation of the graphical style of the game.
The first step was to analyse many different games and styles used to express certain moods considering how suitable the specific style might be for an educational game.
After research we defined our own style. Since we already had some ingame footage, we were able to start from screenshots right out of the game. The game had a more realistic look at that stage of development.
The screenshots got overpainted several times. Colors and Lightning were changed in some iterations until we were satisfied with the results. The painted pictures acted as a reference for the 3D gameworld.
The style is defined by aesthetic criteria as well as clarity and also influenced by technical considerations inspired by a wide variety of media such as games, comics and paintings.
This is our result of translating the painted reference images to the 3D gameworld. The roots of drawing are still visible. Full colors and high contrast define the handdrawn textures.